Sunday, May 29, 2011

Jeff & Leah, May 28th at The Dana Powers House

This is what being a DJ is all about. Every once in awhile all the time, effort and planning just works. It doesn't hurt that the Bride and Groom were two of the best looking human beings I've ever met..lol We were set for a beautiful outside ceremony at the Dana Powers House, a really beautiful property and barn venue in Nipomo, Ca. The sun was shining and a cool breeze rolled across the beautiful farm land all around us. After the ceremony the reception was set inside the adjacent Barn which was to say the least, set up for a beautiful modern country wedding day. The flowers were perfect thanks to Flowers by Denise. The decor was stunning and the DJ was me. Now knowing how much I pride myself on the details I was horrified when I managed to mix up the order of the Grand Entrance, the Bridal party reacted in the most hilarious way possible, they would reshuffle in a hurry as soon as I said their names and the guests were laughing the whole time. The food was Done by Cypress Ridge Catering (with an appearance by a great ol' friend Stephan in the kitchen) We also had the good fortune of working with Lindsey Hahn photography who is awesome. The dance floor was packed and I pushed my new sound system to the sweet spot, (The point where any more sound would just be pointless...lol :) Special Thanks to Judy at Dana Powers House, she's one of the people in this business you just have to love working with. I know sometimes we make this biz seem like it's all good, but when the Client gets it sooo right with vendors, location and everything...... it's Fun with Style.

No comments: